Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Slow Down Speedracer

As of late, I am panicky. Life is going by so fast. I am running after the speeding train as it leaves me behind in the terminal. I like to blog thoughts that are developed or at least at the cusp of being somewhat structured and informative. But right now, I am at a loss of insight and inspiration, so I'll probably just ramble.

Transitional phases in life are hard to deal with. People coming in and out of our lives, graduating, new jobs, new loves, marriage, children, or any change in general. The most annoying time is that point of limbo when you are adjusting to the change, in hopes of it becoming the new normal.

So this past week I attended a wedding of a family member who I also went to college with so we have a lot of the same friends. These friends are all over the place now so it was so nice to see everyone again in one place. It felt like old times. When it was all over and I had to go back to the mundane-ness of life, I realized how different my life has become from college. I missed everyone so dearly, to the point of reliving my past. Ahh, nostalgia. I miss the good times. Not to say the times now aren't good, but the memories from the past are so great. College was so so fun.

But alas, growing up is all apart of the natural progression of life. I guess I can't really avoid it anymore, seeing as how I have to graduate from grad school in less than 2 months and have to face the job market. Not too excited about that. Maybe I am scared. Maybe I love the academia bubble a little too much. But in any event, sometimes we don't get to choose change, change chooses us.

I am sure the really great times will roll around again. Exciting things are ahead insha'Allah. They say, whoever they are, live in the moment, don't get ahead of yourself, blah blah blah...I'll try to remember these sayings. I guess the most important thing is to not live with regret. That makes your past so amazing that you want to relive it because it is a time you are completely at peace with. The real trick is figuring out how to love your past while projecting the lessons from it onto your future and keep moving forward. Maybe, I just miss college and I'll get over this. Anyway, thanks for reading the neurotic thoughts.

No comments: